Friday, September 09, 2005

Getting ready for shabbat

After my first full week of yeshiva, I am now getting ready for shabbat. I put on my shabbat clothes, took a coffee to stay up for an amazing tish we will have tonight and got ready to go to the kotel tonight. By the time you read this, my official first shabbat in the yeshiva will probably have past (last shabbat was just orientation). We will be dancing down from our yeshiva all the
way to the Kotel. We'll have a Carlebach prayer there with Rav Elon joining in on the dancing. Finally, after supper, we will have a crazy tish. Of course, the next day will be just as full and we will be ending shabbat with a seuda shlishit with Rav Elon before getting ready for a melave malka.

All this is great. It is really my dream coming true, the dream that I took so long fighting for. I am not going to be writing any inspiring story now. I will not be writing any cool dvar torah right now. To me, this is where the year in yeshiva starts, with our first shabbat as a full yeshiva. This is where our adventure starts; this is where you will start getting the authentic feelings of a person going through his year in yeshiva. I hope you will all enjoy the posts which will be coming up.

more...

2 comments:

maman said...

mazal tov, as-tu fait shehehyanou?

Me said...

BS"D
Are you parying for all of us???
A bientot, si D. veut...